Carpenter Needed at Santa's Village
Carpenter (Full Time-Exempt)
Carpenter at SV are responsible for:
- Maintaining Park buildings and completing work orders, including but not limited to masonry, tile, drywall, woodwork, electrical and plumbing.
- Responding to requests from management in a timely manner in order to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
- Completing work on special projects as requested.
- Framing and drywall, wood and metal stud work, floor work including tile and laminate, and trim work including various moldings, turnings, and laminate application.
- Completing building repairs throughout the park to include but not limited to electrical, plumbing, and structural.
- Performing routine inspections and maintenance on all locations throughout the park. Promptly notify management if unable to complete a required repair.
- Installing and making repairs to any/all park buildings, interiors, exteriors, etc.
- Installing and making repairs to various commercial hardware, including but not limited to door closures, panic hardware and locks.
- Complete building plans for new projects including but not limited to animal enclosures, retail displays, small buildings, ride areas, etc.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policies, procedures, training and other activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Carpenter successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Consistent job attendance is a requirement.
- High school degree or GED required. Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred.
- Three to five years general carpentry and construction experience in framing, drywall, trim work, masonry, and tile experience required. Three to five years commercial roofing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable. Three to five years’ experience in building electrical and plumbing repair is required.
- Valid Illinois Driver's License with a clean driving record is required to operate company vehicles.
- Must be able to perform set up and operation of the table saw, radial saw, band saw, planer, forklift, high-lift, skid steer, end loader, concrete saw and jack hammer.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems in various situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required with or without corrective lens include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual will regularly be required to work near moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places; exposed to fumes and airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- Occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions including inclement weather, heat or cold.
- Occasionally be exposed to a loud noise level in the work environment.
Link to apply here.