Want a job that feels more like fun? Dolphin Swim Club of Crystal Lake is always on the lookout for personable instructors who love being in the water and interacting with children. Applicants must be able to tread water comfortably, as the interview process includes an in-water component. All new instructors are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of PAID training. Opportunity for advancement, as well as flexible hours, is available!
Instructor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach children of diverse backgrounds levels, and ages to swim in accordance with DSC’s curriculum.
- Evaluate student performance against the company’s nine-level skill system.
- Enforce all pool safety regulations while inspiring students to build their water safety skills and self confidence.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by organizing, setting up, and clearing all wet and dry equipment.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with parents, keeping them updated on their children’s progress.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements: Familiarity with all competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly) is required. A patient and flexible attitude coupled with a deep appreciation of cultural service, team building, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with children and/or proven knowledge of child development.